Tuesday, February 10, 2009

5 Beginner's Links on SEO and Social Media

I spent the whole of yesterday surfing internet job sites for some writing/blogging jobs. Of the job descriptions I liked, many asked the candidate to have 'knowledge of SEO' or suggest 'social media friendly' topics. Now I'm not the professional online writer who keeps up with technologies of the world of social media. I dont use 'twitter' yet and use Facebook only occasionally. But I write and maintain a few blogs and would like some freelance jobs.
So for all those like me, beginners in the world of SEO and Social Media, here are 5 good links to start with.

1. Wikipedia - Just what is SEO and Social Media? The Wikis are generally a great place to learn from scratch. Here are the links to -
SEO
Social Media

2. SEOmoz.org - This is a great place to learn about the world of SEO. However its Jane Copland's article that introduced me social bookmarking sites and the tactics they use to provide relevant topics to their user driven communities.

3. 7 traits of a Social Media friendly website - Self explanatory and very useful.

4. SEOmoz.org - Another article from this website that explains how a Good Title can make or break your submission. I came to this article from a link on the previous one.

5. Lastly, how SEO and Social Media are inter-related. Makes sense. Blogs and Online communities have the content SEO's search in.

Disclaimer: Like I said before, I'm a beginner and this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are many other sites with pretty good basic information on these topics.

2 comments:

Lakshmi said...

join the group..Im into social media and I think its a great way to begin..

citygurl said...

Thanks Lakshmi